Make Your Business Accessible to Everyone:
mPower can help you increase the independence and productivity of your employees and customers.
mPower provides loans to Maine businesses for the purchase, construction, or installation of features or devices that enable those with disabilities to become more independent in the community and make your business more accessible.
mPower loans are used to enhance accessibility.
The requirements of the American Disabilities Act (ADA) can mean your business needs accessibility equipment or that your facilities require a physical renovation. mPower loans helps make these projects feasible.
mPower works with banks
That portion of the project will be financed separately, through a bank or credit union. mPower can work directly with any financial institution to put together a total loan package for the entire project.
What You Need to Know
- To qualify for this program, your non-profit or for-profit business must be located in Maine.
- mPower makes loans up to $100,000 at a fixed rate.
- Loan repayment schedules can be up to 20 years.
- Loans are typically secured by business assets.
- mPower contracts with Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) to underwrite your loan.
How Do I Apply for a Loan?
Contact FAME at 800-228-3734 (voice), 207-626-2717 (TTY) or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical advice on the Americans with Disabilities Act accessible design, please contact Alpha One at 800-640-7200.